Had to be online for a little bit today, so I thought I’d quickly bring some attention to a few other things I wrote. Thank you all for the nice comments on the last post; an especial thanks to Beyond Assumptions for a link.
Items commented on in 2010:
- Xenophon, “Art of Horsemanship”
- Xenophon, “Agesilaus” – wish more people would read this. I think it does a very nice job of introducing my specific field of study.
- An Introduction to Political Philosophy – needs revision, but does introduce some serious questions
- Plato, “Protagoras” – definitely needs editing, but I’m happy with the basic idea and its development. Something about sophistry brings the foundation of the city into conflict with the practice of the city.
- Maimonides, “Letter to Obadiah the Proselyte” – probably the best thing I wrote in 2010.
- Nietzsche, “Thus Spake Zarathustra” (“On the New Idol”)
- Plato, “Apology of Socrates” – an outline for the sake of keeping readers organized. It’s easy to read Plato and think the same thing is being said over and over again.
- Xenophon, “Spartan Constitution” – wordier than I would have liked; an introduction for those wholly new to classical history
- Plato, “Parmenides” 137c-142a – a difficult dialogue gets a jumble of notes written about one section of it. Again, mostly useful for those just wishing to keep organized.