Yeah, this edition of “links” isn’t going to attempt to be terribly smart. I’ve been reading celebrity trash between chapters of Xenophon:
- “The Situation,” for those of you familiar with Jersey Shore, has a cologne coming out. Because you want to smell like your abs are ripped, duh.
- Also: run “snooki” through Google Trends, and see the fun: here’s snooki being searched more than Zach Braff (whose “Garden State” now looks like a work of late Romanticism compared to Jersey Shore), more than health care reform, and yes, being competitive with the name “barack obama.”
- Before Jersey Shore, there was The Hills, which is practically Shakespeare given the quality of characters on reality TV nowadays. To understand what The Hills is like, one need only read this article: “Lauren Conrad is About as Dumb as You Think She Is”
- Alright, I feel like I’ve lost IQ points linking to that stuff. There’s a metaphor for the competitiveness of American life in here somewhere: “Forever linked by one play.” (h/t Josh) The article concerns an injury that caused a player with NFL potential to not make it into the league.
- Megan McArdle, “Damn Those Tricksy Republicans With Their Hate and Their Crop Subsidies” – misplaced anger over farm subsidies ignores the deeper reasons why agriculture subsidies won’t be cut anytime soon.