- Some of you have noticed that the Index isn’t up and running entirely yet. I’m working on it piece-by-piece.
- The most aggravating thing is changing every single link within posts that goes back to the Blogger blog. On a series like Plato’s “Crito,” 6 parts with 5 links per part, one going to every other part, that’s a minimum of 30 links.
- No search engine traffic whatsoever yet. I’m thinking the Blogger blog might have to be deleted sooner rather than later (Edit: this has just been done). Am submitting to small search engines right now.
- Any tips or advice or suggestions – give it now while I’m working on everything, please. Also: if you see any entries that are formatted badly, tell me, I’ll edit them right away. Thank you all so much.
I am a graduate student in political science at the University of Dallas who thinks the media is dumb for the most part, yet am immersed myself. I am looking to break my addiction, and this blog is part of the solution: Why not try to see what the past can tell us about the present, as opposed to seeing what the present has to say about the present only?
OK, I’m sold. What should I read here?
- Analysis of The Gettysburg Address: Is Democracy Feasible?
- Analysis of Lincoln's "Second Inaugural:" Where do American virtues lie?
- Commentary on the Book of Jonah
- On "Batman Begins"
- From Love to God: On Hopkins' "As Kingfishers Catch Fire"
- On Emily Dickinson's "These are the days when birds come back..."
- The Coming Age: Macbeth and the Birth of the Modern World
- On Polemarchus: Commentary on the Republic of Plato, 331d-336a
- A Reading of Plato's "Crito"
- Towards a Nietzschean Understanding of Politics: Notes on "The Case of Wagner"